Full-Time Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship
- Contribute academic leadership in Entrepreneurship
- Join AUT – the top millennial university in Australasia and 14th in the world**
- Permanent, full-time role based in Auckland
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is ranked in the top 1.2% of universities worldwide, #1 in New Zealand for global research impact* and #16 worldwide for Social Impact* (highlighting the social impact of universities and their commitment to the UN Sustainability Development Goals.) AUT has over 29,000 students and 2,500 staff across our three teaching campuses and is located in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland – consistently ranked as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
AUT’s Business School has a reputation as a leading provider of innovative undergraduate and postgraduate business education, with strong links to business, employers and professional bodies. Accredited by AACSB, the Business School has over 4500 students, over 150 academic staff and is in the world’s top 200 for Business and Management Studies**.
The Department of International Business, Strategy and Entrepreneurship
This is an exciting opportunity to develop leadership in the field of Entrepreneurship. We have a forward-thinking approach to grouping our disciplines – the Business School’s International Business, Strategy and Entrepreneurship department (IBSE) brings together disciplines that focus on business growth, innovation and value creation. We focus on high quality, innovative teaching with authentic practice-based assessment and staircasing graduates through to postgraduate research. As a strong research-led department, we publish in leading journals and work with local and international collaborative partnerships on exciting research projects. We are a small but focussed, open, collegial group and support the growth of our people. We have a good research environment, share our expertise and time and offer generous support for conferences. The faculty also offers a variety of contestable research funds. Our staff work closely with industry and have made significant contributions to business through the publication of books, articles and consultancy work for government, international agencies and business firms.
We are seeking to appoint an Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship to contribute leadership across teaching, research and service. You’ll make outstanding contributions primarily within entrepreneurship, which could be in any of the following areas: social entrepreneurship, international entrepreneurship, indigenous entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship and strategy, family business, design thinking, innovation management or start-ups. You may also have a possible secondary focus in related fields where opportunities for collaboration within the department and with our research centres (such as the New Zealand Work Research Institute) could be developed.
You’ll help develop wider departmental research, conduct high-quality scholarly research and communicate your research to wider audiences and developing the business school’s social impact agenda.
This role has the opportunity to teach in programmes at all levels of postgraduate supervision and teaching, and undergraduate programmes. You’ll embrace teaching as an important part of this appointment.
You will also work enthusiastically with student entrepreneurship teams across the university, whilst engaging with project opportunities developing innovative teaching, research collaborations, links with industry and student clubs. IBSE coordinates with the University’s wider entrepreneurship programmes and our teaching programme is open to students from across the University (e.g. our undergraduate Entrepreneurship and Innovation minor has a large enrolment from other Faculties). We teach mainly in the City Campus but also at South, and you may be called on to engage across the University to develop opportunities. This role will provide strategic advice and support on key School and Faculty projects and provides academic leadership within the School. Where negotiated, there may also be the opportunity for formal secondment to leadership positions.
Start Date: We anticipate the successful candidate starting January/February 2020 (or earlier by negotiation)
Applications and Key Selection Criteria
We welcome applications from suitably qualified senior academics and request they submit a cover letter, full CV (including a full list of publications and contact details of at least three referees) plus a statement addressing the following key selection criteria:
- PhD in Entrepreneurship, or a relevant field
- Sustained outstanding contribution and impact in research and scholarship at a national and international level (in fields such as social entrepreneurship, international entrepreneurship, indigenous entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship and strategy, family business, design thinking, innovation management or start-ups.) Please also highlight your research focus and contributions towards social impact (broadly or narrowly defined).
- An international reputation evidenced by editorial positions in leading journals and involvement with major professional organisations for example.
- A proven ability to cultivate collaborative research efforts in entrepreneurship, foster partnerships, and assist in securing funding.
- Sustained outstanding contribution in teaching, assessment and curriculum design with evidence of a scholarly approach to teaching, including primary supervision of postgraduate students to completion (or close to completion). Previous development of entrepreneurship programs and innovative and experiential curriculum development is highly desirable.
- Sustained outstanding contribution and impact in service to both your university and the external community.
- An interest in developing student entrepreneurship across the university
- Applicants are welcome to add further comments of their own, which they feel of relevance to the role and its requirements.
For enquiries of an academic nature: contact Associate Professor Simon Mowatt, Head of Department firstname.lastname@example.org. For recruitment enquiries: contact Mike Wood, Executive Recruitment Partner email@example.com.
AUT’s Business School is committed to achieving greater diversity and welcomes applications from all, including in particular, suitably qualified individuals from under-represented groups.
* Times Higher Education University Rankings 2019; ** QS Rankings 2019
Auckland University of Technology is an EEO employer, we are committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and to equity. AUT aspires to be the University of choice for Maori and Pacific communities.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. For further information, please send us an enquiry here or call 921 9499. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
How to ApplyFor enquiries of an academic nature: contact Associate Professor Simon Mowatt, Head of Department firstname.lastname@example.org. For recruitment enquiries: contact Mike Wood, Executive Recruitment Partner email@example.com. To view a copy of the position description and / or to APPLY NOW, visit our website. AUT is an EEO employer, we are committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and to equity. AUT aspires to be the University of choice for Maori and Pacific communities.
363 total views, 2 today