Full-Time Associate Professor appointments – Supply Chain Management or Entrepreneurship (AUT Business School)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Teaching, research and able and willing to lead
- Join New Zealand’s second largest Business School with a reputation for innovation and flexibility
- Permanent, full-time roles
Accredited by AACSB, AUT’s Business School (part of our Faculty of Business, Economics and Law) is a leading provider of innovative undergraduate and postgraduate business education. It has over 4,500 students and over 150 academic staff – and is ranked in the world’s top 250 for Business and Management Studies (QS Rankings 2020). Partnerships with different organisations are an integral part of our activities, providing a variety of engagement opportunities with our local and international stakeholders while expert faculty and research students create knowledge that matters to academia, business and society. Our programmes include a very successful Bachelor of Business, research and course-work master’s degrees and a strong doctoral degree. AUT is ranked in the top 1% of all universities worldwide; is the top millennial university in Australasia (THE rankings 2020) and is situated in Auckland, one of the world’s most liveable cities.
We have permanent, full-time opportunities for forward-thinking Associate Professors in Supply Chain Management or Entrepreneurship, to make significant contributions within and across a range of disciplines. Dependent on expertise, appointees will be housed in either our Business Information Systems department or International Business, Strategy and Entrepreneurship department. These appointments have a genuine focus across leadership, teaching, research and service – and work within highly engaged departments whose research is contemporary, relevant for the real world and underpinned by industry partnerships.
You will have demonstrated leadership capability and willingness to take up a future substantial leadership role as opportunities arise, including leading new programmes, deputy/head of department, associate dean or research centre leader.
Across the AUT Business School research is contemporary, relevant for the real world and underpinned by industry partnerships. You will conduct high-level scholarly research as well as translate and communicate research to wider audiences, communicating with industry and establishing examples of impact and analysis. You will supervise postgraduate students and support the development of their research. Roles also retain appropriate teaching loads within our authentic practice-based and research-informed learning environments.
- Supply Chain Management – your field of expertise will be within Supply Chain Management or a related discipline (such as logistics or transportation)
- Entrepreneurship - your field of expertise will be within Entrepreneurship or a related discipline (such as social entrepreneurship, international entrepreneurship, indigenous entrepreneurship, innovation management or start-ups)
We seek individuals who act with integrity, practise collegiality, are team players and respect students and stakeholders. Your organised, disciplined approach enables you to work at speed through high volumes of work and you’ll work with others using a strengths-based approach to produce the best results. You’ll value diversity and work inclusively. A resolute, robust and positive attitude is essential.
Appointment level and salary will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Note: Please also review the information pack available for these roles, which include many details of interest such as the position description and further background on the departments and school.
Key Selection Criteria
We welcome applications from current Associate Professors (or Senior Lecturers of high standing) in Supply Chain Management or Entrepreneurship who have significant academic leadership experience.
- A proven track record of significant academic leadership and service
- Sustained outstanding contributions in teaching, assessment, curriculum design and contribution to graduate and postgraduate programmes including the supervision of Honours, Masters and PhD students.
- A research and scholarship record with sustained outstanding contributions and a recognised contribution to the academic field at a national and international level.
- A track record of successful research grant applications and strong writing and organisational skills.
- Experience in establishing effective and enduring relationships with business, government, professional groups and the wider community.
- A strong balance between practical acumen and theoretical knowledge
- PhD/Doctorate in a relevant business field.
- Applicants are welcome to add further comments of their own, which they feel of relevance to the role and its requirements.
Start Date: The successful candidate(s) would ideally be able to join AUT early 2021.
- We request applicants submit a cover letter, a statement addressing the key selection criteria, as well as their full CV (including a complete list of publications).
- Applicants should also provide names, contact details and clarification of relationship for at least three potential referees. Referees will not be contacted without the prior consent of the applicant.
- For academic enquiries: Contact Professor Kate Kearins, Dean of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For recruitment enquiries: Contact Mike Wood, Executive Recruitment Partner – email@example.com.
The AUT Business School is committed to achieving greater diversity and welcomes applications from all, including in particular, suitably qualified individuals from underrepresented groups.
Advertising closes: Sunday, 20 September 2020 at 23:55pm (NZST). We expect interviews to take place October/November 2020.
Please note: In response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government has imposed travel restrictions and are currently only allowing New Zealand Residents, Citizens and visa holders meeting a strict exception policy to enter the country, all of whom must currently enter Government approved isolation/quarantine for two weeks upon arrival.
It is uncertain when these border restrictions will change, and this may impact the degree to which an off-shore candidate will be able to participate in the recruitment process. Visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website, for further information and updates on the border restrictions.
At AUT we strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We are committed to inclusivity and the Treaty of Waitangi and aspire to be the University of choice for Māori and Pacific communities. We welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. For further information, please send us an enquiry here or call 921 9499. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
How to Apply
577 total views, 4 today