Full-Time Associate Director – Learning Design
Associate Director – Learning Design
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Office of the Vice-Chancellor
- Advert Closing Date: 08/12/2019
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55565245
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university and one of the world’s major research universities. We employ over 5,400 academic and professional staff to support 41,000+ students making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
The University or Auckland is creating a new organisational unit to support learning design and curriculum development across the university. The new Centre will be a large team of specialists who will partner with Faculties on projects to develop courses and curriculum, in alignment with the strategic priorities of the University. To establish and manage the implementation of the unit, the University of Auckland is looking to recruit an Associate Director – Learning Design.
Reporting to the Director – Learning & Teaching, the Associate Director will influence at a senior level to improve learning outcomes and ensure the new centre has the capabilities and capacity to deliver on key Learning and Teaching strategic priorities. Some other key responsibilities include:
- Stakeholder & Relationship Management including the communication of the centre’s vison and purpose across the University and the establishment of priorities through collaboration with senior staff.
- Functional leadership including the development of a strong cohesive team to enable development of pedagogically-sound and research-informed courses and programmes. Provide thought leadership and direction as required.
- Strategic prioritisation including the forecasting of appropriate resource allocation.
- Continuous improvement including the establishment of expectations and performance measures for the Learning Design service.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be a strong educational leader who preferably has experience in creating new teams. The individual will have pedagogical and educational technology expertise. They will need to be able to influence at a senior level in politically-demanding environments and demonstrate proven relationship management strengths, with clear evidence of an ability to drive strategic direction and effective teams.
This is a unique and special role that will prove highly rewarding for the right candidate.
What We Offer
We are committed to providing an excellent working environment through flexible employment practices and a culture that encourages and supports staff to reach their full potential.
In addition, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 6.75% superannuation scheme
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Flexible working and a culture dedicated to work life balance
A link to the Position Description can be found HERE
Applications close Sunday 9th February 2019. All applications must be made online.
Please apply online at our careers site. Any additional enquiries can be directed to Joshua Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: 9th February 2020.
129 total views, 9 today