Full-Time Associate Dean, Pacific (Wellington)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
College of Creative Arts
Massey University’s College of Creative Arts Toi Rauwhārangi is searching for an Associate Dean, Pacific to work closely with our schools, leading the development, implementation and achievement of the College’s Pacific strategy.
- Whiti o Rehua – School of Art,
- Ngā Pae Māhutonga – Wellington School of Design and
- Te Rewa o Puanga – School of Music and Creative Media Production
This newly created position reflects the College’s strong commitment to Pacific visual and material culture. You’ll work closely with the Creative Director Pacific to develop new programmes that create beneficial academic outcomes for Pacific students.
With an excellent reputation for innovative creative arts research and practice, Toi Rauwhārangi is New Zealand’s oldest and most comprehensive creative arts school. We offer internationally acclaimed degrees in Design, Māori Visual Arts, Fine Arts, Commercial Music and Creative Media Production.
Check out what we have accomplished so far – https://creative.massey.ac.nz/stories/
We’re looking for a senior Pacific academic with strong connections to the Pacific community; someone who has in depth understanding and appreciation of Pacific cultures. Naturally, you’ve been a champion of Pacific creative arts and have a real affinity in leading and developing others.
Please note – we are open to appointing at a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor level.
Your experience, qualifications and capabilities will include the following:
- A postgraduate qualification in Pacific Visual and/or Material Culture or aligned field
- Experience in providing Pacific leadership at a national level
- An active research career
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of academic programmes
Based on Massey University’s Wellington, New Zealand campus. Wellington is famous for its vibrant creative culture fuelled by great food, wine, craft beer, coffee and events, Wellington is a cosmopolitan city with an energetic personality.
Learn more about our fantastic city – https://www.wellingtonnz.com
In addition to a salary, we offer the following:
- Up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver superannuation scheme
- Five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
- Discounted membership to our onsite gym facilities
- Discounted staff car parking
- Comprehensive professional development and training programme
- University staff study provisions
Please direct enquires of an academic nature to the Creative Director Pacific, Herbert Bartley on email H.Bartley@massey.ac.nz
Please ensure you apply online and not via email to Herbert Bartley.
How to ApplyPlease submit your application through our careers site - HERE. Closing date: 24 November 2019 Reference number: CCA_CCA_579_10/19 For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
1038 total views, 1 today