Full-Time Assistant Project Manager – Built Environment
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Assistant Project Manager – Built Environment
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Planning & Capital Projects
- Advert Closing Date: 24/11/2019
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55557952
Assistant Project Manager – Property Services – Built Environment
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading University. It employs over 6,000 academic and professional staff to support over 42,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
Property Services provides a leading edge facilities management, planning and development service that contributes to the success of the University of Auckland as a vibrant and progressive University. This is achieved through customer focussed support services.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Project Manager to join the Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment team.
Working closely with designers and architects and reporting to the Project Manager in FF&E, you will be partly responsible for the procurement and installation of FF&E whilst also being part of the greater Planning & Capital Projects team.
This role will be heavily involved with a variety of projects across the University and will be working closely with project teams, contractors and suppliers in the provision of FF&E. Also, from time to time and as required, involvement with other projects and project management duties outside the FF&E scope.
Some key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Project Management including liaising with designers and in some cases direct design of layouts, managing requirements and supplier management.
- Management of planning and capital projects workflow and coordination of work orders
- Managing record of department activities and inventory.
- Administering project progress by tracking timelines, following up on actions, risks and escalating issues to Project Managers
- Project support; performing research, analysing information, financial oversight, providing documentation, and preparing reports.
Our Ideal Candidate
This is a unique role for a candidate that brings good design and spatial awareness combined with strong project management and organisational skills.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Mid level experience within project or property coordination with strong spatial awareness
- A tertiary background in Architecture or Design will be a plus
- Intermediate-level experience with MS Office Suite and familiarity with CAD will be an advantage, but aptitude to pick up new systems will be sufficient
- A can-do attitude, as well as being highly-organised with great attention to detail and strong initiative
- Effective communication and stakeholder skills, whilst being courteous and a strong team player.
What we offer
The University of Auckland is a truly great place to work. Offering five weeks’ annual leave, over 300 courses and workshops designed to support your professional development, and standout facilities for staff members who are also parents, it’s easy to see why we’re one of New Zealand’s most attractive employers.
Find out more about some of the great reasons to work for us at Career development and benefits.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
Professional Staff Level E. This is a permanent position.
A link to the Position Description can be found HERE
Applications close Sunday 24th November 2019. All applications must be made online.
Please apply online at our careers site. Any additional enquiries can be directed to Joshua Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Sunday 24th November 2019.
595 total views, 1 today