Full-Time Asset Manager – School Property
- Permanent, full-time
- Relationship Management
- Strategic Vision
Help shape the future of education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga.
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga – Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by doing the following:
- Taking practical action to give effect toteTiritio Waitangi
- Giving priority to regional and local voice
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support
- Improving feedback loops and information flows
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko – Infrastructure and Digital – Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga – Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system.
Our vision for school property is that all schools have quality learning environments as part of a well-managed and sustainable portfolio that helps deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for every child.
Mō tēnei tūranga – About this role
You will be working with a wide range of stakeholders to help understand, lead and own the following (amongst other things):
- Working with the front-line regional teams including Property Advisors, property planners and key stake holders to help address both growth/decline and property condition challenges
- Lead any work to understand Building Condition levels
- Lead the Initiation and Planning phases of the Project Life Cycle
- Develop intervention options and strategies, both at a school and programme level
- Lead the Master Planning Process
Please note there is further information available in the attached job description.
Mōhou ake – About you
To be successful in this role you will bring a relevant professional property qualification such as Asset Management, Infrastructure Planning, Building Surveying, Engineering, Property or Project Management and/or experience in the asset management, facilities management, programme and project management, property management or construction industry.
You will also ideally offer the following:
- Problem solving, can apply a variety of approaches to solve problems or identify options to achieve great outcomes
- Knowledge of relevant related legislation such as, Public Works Act, Building Act, Health and Safety at work Act, Ministry of Education DQLS standards. Previous exposure to government policy environment
- Experience in contract management preferably in the construction, asset and property management area
- RICS Accreditation or equivalent
If you’d like to bring your skills to a challenging but rewarding role within an organisation that’s continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we’d love to hear from you.
The team is high performing with a ‘can-do’ attitude. We work collaboratively to support each other to provide the region’s schools an outstanding, professional service.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? – Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen.We’d love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your cover Letter.
In your cover letter we’d like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
The Ministry encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated although currently this is a voluntary requirement. There is no requirement to show evidence of your vaccine status as this role is not covered by the Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
Please review the job description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button.
For further information please contact Amanda Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight Thursday, 7 July 2022.
How to ApplyPlease apply via this link: https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobs/EDU-1619008
63 total views, 2 today