Full-Time Assessment Team Leader
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Assessment Team Leader
Academic Services – Applications and Admissions
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
We are looking for a Team Leader to join our Assessment Team on full-time, permanent basis.
The purpose of this position is to provide exceptional leadership and stakeholder management within the Assessment Team and the wider University.
About the role
The role will be responsible for leading and managing the day-to-day operations and ensuring service levels are met. The role will also support and drive new processes, which are aligned with the University’s strategic objectives, and support achieving agreed KPIs.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for leading people and will be able to support and develop their team alongside working in a fast-paced environment where things are constantly changing. We want someone who is excited by change and can motivate others. It will be important to be able to work and communicate well with others in order to continue working towards our KPIs and the University’s strategic objectives.
This role requires a commitment to the operational timelines of Academic Services. No extended leave is available during peak operational periods.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- experience in leading people and a proven ability to support others in their development
- excellent organisational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure
- the ability to prioritise and make quick, calculated decisions
- experience in recruitment and training
- experience in conflict resolution and relationship management
- outstanding interpersonal skills will mean you are a customer service natural, committed to providing a friendly and customer-focused service to our applicants and stakeholders
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday 2nd June to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document and ensure you indicate in your cover letter how your experience reflects the criteria for this position.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20736. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Sunday 2nd June
237 total views, 1 today