Full-Time Analyst / Senior Analyst
Office of the Deputy Secretary
Evidence, Data and Knowledge
At the Ministry of Education, our people shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
About our group
Evidence, Data and Knowledge’s (EDK) vision is to provide high quality data and evidence to inform policy development. We provide high quality in-depth data, information and insights to our customers and stakeholders.
About the role
The Analyst / Senior Analyst role sits in the Office of the Deputy Secretary team and works 1-1 with the Chief Economist to convert data and information to insights that can be used to inform policy and strategy across the education system.
And this looks like:
- doing statistical research
- presenting and explaining the results from this research in discussions with colleagues and reports for the public
- writing briefings for the Ministers, Executive Managers, and other education agencies.
This job would be a good fit for you if:
- you enjoy doing high quality research to find answers to interesting questions
- you are a personable team player with a good sense of humour
- you communicate clear. You write well. You speak eloquently
- you can keep track of multiple things at once
- you can explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
What we are looking for
For appointment at the Senior Analyst level, it is expected that you will ideally have at least five years’ experience working on complex and strategic economic analysis, development and advice. The Analyst level, is at entry level and would suit a recent graduate or someone with ideally one to three years’ experience.
The Ministry of Education values and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and perspectives who will enrich our focus on learners and the education system.
If you’d like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that’s continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we’d love to hear from you.
Enquiries can be made by emailing Aleeta Hau, email@example.com
All applications must be made via the Ministry of Education’s Careers Centre.
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.
Please review the position description here.
Applications close midnight - Wednesday, 29 May 2019.
104 total views, 8 today