Full-Time Advisor – Commercial Leasing
- Permanent, full-time
- Build your property portfolio career!
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS), a part of the Ministry of Education, creates and supports safe, healthy, inspiring and ICT enabled learning environments. EIS manages the Crown’s second largest property portfolio of around 2,500 schools with a book value of $17.8 billion, is responsible for the largest payroll in the country, and transports over 100,000 students to and from school each day.
The Ownership and Occupancy team sits within EIS, and is responsible for leasing and licensing land, disposing of surplus land, managing easements, working with other agencies to manage teacher houses and closed schools, and representing the Ministry of Education in the Treaty of Waitangi settlements process as it relates to property. We are an energetic and supportive team, looking to build a permanent team of property professionals who are motivated to get the job done.
About the role
The Advisor – Commercial Leasing (commercial leases) reports to the Team Leader- Ownership and Occupancy, and is responsible for assisting with the negotiation and management of leases for land that belongs to other people or agencies, that the Ministry needs to use. You will also be responsible for giving advice on the use and status of land and buildings.
Your key priorities will include the following:
- Administering the work programme and leasing process documentation for lease rent reviews, renewals and acquisitions, including tracking and reporting on the metrics of the Leasing portfolio to ensure critical timeframes are met
- Providing advice about commercial leasing to colleagues within the Ministry and the broader public service, and preparing responses to queries from schools, the public, the me dia, Ministers and Official Information Act requests
- Assisting with the management of the Ministry’s third party leasing providers, including the direction of work and relationship management
This position is an opportunity for someone with an interest in Crown asset management. It will give you a flavour of what property portfolio management within the Ministry involves, with opportunities to progress your career through the organisation.
If you thrive in a busy work environment, consider yourself to be an efficient and organised self-starter with a strong work ethic and have a keen eye for spotting business improvement opportunities; this is a terrific opportunity to broaden and deepen your existing property or project management experience in a challenging and rewarding environment.
You will also offer the following:
- Experience in project management, and the negotiation, acquisition, fitout, renewal, and termination of commercial leases
- Quality relationship / stakeholder engagement and management skills, including proven experience and expertise in managing supplier relationships, preferably in a large and/or complex operational delivery context
- Strong organisational skills and an excellent ability to communicate with others
- Sound knowledge of the Government’s direction, legislative parameters, policy priorities, and budgeting processes
Experience or qualifications in Crown property management including the Public Works Act 1981, or lease management and negotiation is an advantage.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at email@example.com
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.
Please review the position description here.
Applications close midnight - Sunday, 2 June 2019.
6349 total views, 1 today