Full-Time Advisor Business Growth, Te Puni Kokiri
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, supports Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships and facilitate iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed at home and globally.
Our commitment to enable whānau, hapū and iwi to succeed underpins everything that we do, and supports our vision of ‘Thriving whanau’.
The Regional Partnerships Te Puni is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining robust relationships with iwi, hapū and whānau Māori at a national and regional level
- Developing and maintaining other partnerships in the regions including with local government agencies
- Using those relationships to gather and disseminate information between government and iwi, hapū and whānau Māori
- Contributing to the development of Te Puni Kōkiri investment strategy and ensuring its implementation
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to appoint an Advisor Business Growth, Te Upoko o Te Ika in the Te Tai Hauāuru Regional Office. The position will be based in Porirua with a focus on serving the Te Whanganui a Tara communities.
The successful applicant will have strong relationships with Māori stakeholders in Te Whanganui a Tara and demonstrated working relationships with local government, central agencies with a local presence, and communities in general. This position reports to the Regional Manager, Te Tai Hauāuru.
We are looking for an intelligent and innovative Advisor who has:
- Experience in working with whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisation’s and Māori communities;
- Understanding and knows about government and public sector processes including how and why government can work together with regional communities;
- Worked with communities and government agencies;
- Experience in local contractual arrangements and leading relationships with stakeholders;
- Understanding of the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi to the work being undertaken;
- Proven effective use of project management disciplines to support work;
- Understanding the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi to the work being undertaken;
- Excellent communication skills including a conversational level of te reo Maori; and
- Ability to identify, build and actively manage significant relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences
- A clean and current driver’s license.
So if you have skills as a professional or if you have a similar background, this may be an exciting opportunity for you!
At Te Puni Kōkiri, we work to create an environment where you’ll flourish as part of a whānau that is committed to the kaupapa of Māori and whānau development – you’ll take pride in the work that we do because you know that it matters.
We are guided by our values of excellence, valuing people and relationships, working collectively and being creative and innovative. We invest in our people – you’ll be encouraged to develop and contribute to your fullest potential.
If this role sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm 24 October 2018.
How to ApplyFor more information or to down load a copy of the job description and application form for the Advisor Business Growth (RP 092) role please go to our website here. To apply, email: your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to email@example.com Applications close 5pm 24 October 2018.
475 total views, 1 today