- Full-time, permanent position
- Wellington national office
The Ministry of Education has a full-time, permanent position for an Advisor – Strategy, Planning and Investment within Early Learning and Student Achievement, based at National Office in Wellington.
The Ministry of Education is the Government’s lead advisor on the New Zealand education system, shaping direction for sector agencies and providers.
The Early Learning and Student Achievement (ELSA) group sets the system-level learning for every child and student. Working between policy and customer facing functions, there is a significant political, stakeholder and public interest in the high performance of this group and the education curriculum and teaching workforce outcomes we seek for New Zealand.
This Advisor role sits within the Strategy, Planning and Investment team within the Office of the Deputy Secretary. The team is responsible for providing advice and delivery support group-wide, encompassing planning, delivery, monitoring, and reporting with a focus on the business life-cycle process to manage achievement of the long term business performance.
The advisor is responsible for:
- supporting key projects, initiatives and work programmes across the group
- maintaining the monthly reporting processes and development of papers, reports and dashboards
- implementing good practice project and programme tools and processes that align to the Ministry standards
- supporting the group through the business planning lifecycle and budgeting processes.
The Strategy, Planning and Investment team is also responsible for maintaining relationships with the relevant Ministry corporate teams to ensure alignment and integration of consistent practices, supporting Senior Managers and the Leadership team, providing assurance and oversight and continually build capability across ELSA.
We want to hear from you if you:
- are comfortable working in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- can manage multiple priorities at once
- have experience working with subject matter experts and members of senior leadership
- want to increase your knowledge in project and programme management and be presented with opportunities to share that knowledge with others.
If you think that you can make a strong contribution to the success of this organisation and you can demonstrate the required skills we encourage you to apply. All applicants must be a New Zealand resident or citizen for the application to be considered.
For further information please contact Kylie Morehu at 04 463 8548 or email email@example.com
Please do not email applications directly to this email.
If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.
How to ApplyPlease review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/644354_JobDesc.pdf Applications close on Friday, 10 January 2020.
130 total views, 10 today