Full-Time Academic Service Coordinator
Academic Service Coordinator
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Student Acad Services & Enggmt
- Advert Closing Date: 26/01/2020
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55563871
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ 5,400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
An opportunity has emerged to recruit an Academic Services Coordinator to join the Academic Services team in the Faculty of Science. This is a full-time, permanent position.
About the Role
This role is responsible for coordinating and managing academic administration processes in support of the faculty’s Data Science programmes. Growth in student numbers in this expanding discipline means the role will require a clearly demonstrated ability to work under considerable pressure to meet deadlines, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy. Support of our students is a priority so you will bring to the role a proactive, customer-focused approach and an aptitude for problem-solving.
Ideally, you will be tertiary qualified or have relevant experience in a similar role within a large and complex organisation. Your ability to build robust relationships with internal stakeholders while managing expectations will also be key to your success in this role.
Candidates with expert knowledge and experience of PeopleSoft or similar management system and proficiency in the Microsoft suite of packages will strongly be considered.
- Carry our all transactional tasks to assess applications, facilitate admission and process enrolments for the Data Science cohort
- Resolve complex admission, enrolment and records maintenance requests.
- Carry out enrolment checks, liaising with the Student Centre to ensure programme status plans, enrolment details and student exceptions correctly reflect each student’s status and course of study.
- Coordinate academic assessment of courses completed at other institutions to support decisions on the award of transfer credit.
- Liaise with Group Services Administrators to confirm room requirements and staff availability, timetabling and curriculum requirements.
- Provide day to day administrative support for academic committees including minute taking and coordination of meetings.
For more information on the role, please view the position description.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday 26th January 2020 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: 26th January 2020.
147 total views, 7 today